SPEAK UP: REPORT COMPLIANCE CONCERNS
Printec is committed to maintaining a high standard of business ethics and safety within the organization and its affiliates. It promotes a strong culture of transparency and integrity and is committed to detecting and addressing misconduct and ensuring that those who become aware of it, can report it in good faith, without resistance or fear of retaliation from doing so.
We are open to any concern that you may have, on suspicion or identification of acts inside or out of the Organization, that are against our Code of Conduct, state laws and regulations. You are encouraged to report cases, such as:
- Breaches of human rights, including harassment (intimidation, discrimination, abuse, sexual, racial or otherwise), child labor and acts or threats of physical violence.
- Situations which put at risk the health & safety of individuals, including an unsafe work environment, hostile working conditions and excessive work hours.
- Financial and accounting violations such as asset misappropriation, including financial manipulation or falsification of corporate documents (such as invoices or operational expenses lists).
- Corruption or other criminal offences, including bribery, conflicts of interest and insider trading practices.
- Breaches of competition and state aid rules.
- Situations which result in a risk to the privacy of individuals or the public.
- Actions which can inflict serious damage to the environment (excessive pollution, misappropriation of harmful materials).
- Actions which harm consumer protection.
- Actions that may negatively impact Printec’s reputation (untrue or deliberate posts on social media, exposure of strictly internal corporate issues to the public, etc.); and / or
- Actions which are intended to hide or preserve any of the above.
I want to report a concern
SpeakUp®, our non-compliance reporting channel is available 24/7, 365 days a year and provides confidentiality throughout a secure end-to-end submission process (full anonymity is ensured). Find out more, here.
Important: If your message is related to reporting your own individual concerns and / or personal predicaments, you are advised to use the Ethics Contact Form instead (your message will be handled by Printec Ethics Committee).
Instructions on Using the SpeakUp platform
How to report a compliance related issue?
In order to facilitate an actionable and effective review of your issue, please include a detailed description of your concern (who, what, when, how) and supporting evidence (e.g. copies of documents, screenshots or names of witnesses) that can support your report. Please note that general assertions or unsupported assumptions cannot be investigated.
1. You can choose to use the SpeakUp web platform or the mobile application (available for Android or iOS) and leave your message. You may also scan the following QR code & generate the URL on your mobile browser:
2. You will receive an individual case number. Please note the number down and keep it safe (on the web browser version, you will also be requested to set your own password for enhanced access security).
3. This case number is your personal key to the Speak Up System and to the report you have filed. It allows you to track the progress of your case and to provide additional information. You will be asked to enter this number each time you access the system.
4. Each report will be handled with priority by the Group Compliance Team. You will be able to receive notifications on the progress of your report (user notifications via the mobile app versions or e-mail notifications via the web browser version).
5. You can go back into the website at any time and track the progress of your case using your case number.
You are welcome to use this channel to speak up, in good faith, regarding breaches or misconduct related to Printec Group Code of Conduct or breaches of state laws or regulations. Any concerns related to our Products & Services, unfortunately cannot be submitted via this channel. Instead, you can use the contact form ‘Products & Solutions” or “Other”, where you will be provided further assistance.